Estates & Wines is a unique collection of prestigious wineries spread across 5 continents. Our vineyards are located on exceptional sites and are among the best terroirs of their appellation and each of our wineries have broken new ground - by pioneering new or forgotten regions; or through innovative & distinctive winemaking techniques.
Rooted into Spanish history and terroir, Bodega Numanthia is the birthplace of powerful and intense wines, iconic incarnations of the prestigious Designation of Origin Toro.
Reporting to the Technical Director, the Winemaker & Viticulturist Assistant will be expected to be a committed and high-performing member of the Winemaking & Viticulturist team of Bodega Numanthia.
Winemaking & Cellar operations
- Support the Technical Director in the wine fermentation - yeast preparation-, ageing, and blending missions
- Participate and support organization of wine tastings during the all process
- Support the R&D initiatives (oak, acidity/pH trial, etc.)
- Follow preparation of wines to be bottled
- Ensure the follow up of barrel quality evaluation, etc.
- Enology performance monitoring and reporting
- Update information in different registers
- Support Harvest/Vintage preparation and operations
- Ensure regular vineyards visits in order to taste fruit and help to define picking date
- Assess potential quality of vineyards to define wine process
- Test potential new techniques and devices to better assess harvest picking date
- Oversee vineyard experiments, design new investigations, collect pertinent data, etc. & Support R&D program
- Research and stay abreast of new technology innovation relative to vineyard renovation, proposing and implementing, in order to ensure best practice for optimal quality
- Coordinate, monitor and report on pest and disease related problems in the vineyard
- Recommend integrated pest management strategies when action is needed
- Projects: Microbiologia, Laboratory & Analysis
- Support the Technical Director in the missions related to workplace safety
Appropriate Technical Tertiary Qualification: Degree in Oenology (DNO), Viticulture or Agriculture Science
Spanish & English
Professional experience & technical know-how :
- At least 12 months of experience as Cellar Hand/Vintage Winemaker with a global understanding of winemaking principles (from pre-harvest to vinification). An experience in an international winery is a plus.
- Background in Viticulture, harvest, and soil analysis
- Experience in handling a wide range of varietals
- Good level of skill in tasting assessment of wines (palate skills)
- Ability to work safely, including the proper use of protective equipment and proper handling of hazardous substances
- Knowledge of safe work systems and processes
Personal & interpersonal skills :
- Personal integrity
- Drive for results
- Priority Setting & Time management skills
- Integrity and Trust
- Good interpersonal & relationship building skills
Information à l'attention des candidats
Location : Spain, Bodega Numanthia (Toro)
VIE - 24 months
Start date : January 2019