Estates & Wines, the Moët Hennessy wine division, is a unique collection of prestigious wineries spread across 5 continents. Our vineyards are located on exceptional sites and are among the best terroirs of their appellation. Each of our wineries have broken new ground - by pioneering new or forgotten regions; or through innovative & distinctive winemaking techniques.
Today, Estates & Wines has the ambition to develop significantly its profit contribution through top line growth with the aim to become champion of wine quality and excellence at point of sale and to do so we are looking for Wines Ambassadors, with passion for wines and entrepreneurial spirit, to deliver Commercial excellence in our key markets.
Based in HK and reporting to the Estates & Wines Commercial Development Director Asia based in Singapore, the Wine Development Ambassador South Asia is responsible for developing Estates & Wines Brand awareness and distribution in North Asia key markets, in alignment with the business development strategy. This role sits at the confluence of education, commerce and marketing and brings a fresh perspective to the wine mission.
Sales: support and develop E&W wines sales within the market.
- Establish a clear hit list of existing and "to conquer" accounts in the on trade / off trade / e retail.
- ‘Open bottles' mindset:
- Be supportive and help the sales teams win or increase the # of listings within MH active accounts
- Sample prospect accounts and create new leads
- Lead the two annual commercial blitzes (timing TBC)
- Develop a customer and trade influencers database and network. Share "firsthand" information with the sales teams.
Education: deliver key brand messages to MH teams and within the trade
- Setup an internal training calendar for E&W brands (categories, competitors) in accordance with business priorities (vintages releases, blitzes)
- Ensure that all sales are fully equipped with relevant and up-to-date material and knowledge in order to effectively sell the Estates & Wines portfolio.
- Create tools within the markets and make sure the market becomes best in class in E&W modules completion on MH Academy.
- Support the sales' community with trade trainings and communication actions on the field in accordance with Maison key messages.
Animations/Activations & Experiences: Make it shine
- Support the sales' team in building annual animation plans
- Manage an important sampling budget in order to make our wines accessible and visible in the right places by consumers (festivals, exhibitions, events)
- Set up and deliver consumer tastings / events (PCD/CPS) on Estates & Wines Portfolio (private and corporate wine clubs, business school alumni and other opportunity networks)
- Share Best practices through Social Media (Yammer), Teams and E&W's shared portals.
- Monthly and quarterly reporting duties
- Wine certification (WSET 2 or 3) or Sommelier diploma.
- Business / Management Diplomas
- Entrepreneurial & risk-taking mindset, acting like a brand owner, with agility and flexibility
- Passion for wine and ability to inspire others.
- Ability to establish strong relationship with key stakeholders and partners. An existing ‘wine industry" network within the market is a plus.
- Clear and adaptable communicator, at all levels of customer, influencer or internal stakeholders
- Full alignment with MH values.
- Excellent commercial and/or marketing track record, with sales development / brand building experience in the wine industry
- Exceptional wine knowledge and passion for the industry.
- Proven ability in motivating others and acting as a team player, internally (non-hierarchical relationships) and externally (trade owners/staff, influencers, partners)
- Demonstrated agility in breaking down barriers to decision making and getting to ‘yes'
- Outstanding presentation/people hosting skills
- Business/University degree
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Fluent in English,
Key Performances Indicator (not exhaustive list)
- Market P&L - NSI / MI / A&P / AM
- Distribution Gains (incorporating wine blitzes)
- # of sales leads within targeted universe
- # new accounts
- ROS improvement (volume by account)
- # of animations in existing accounts / key wholesalers
- # internal trainings
- Networking / Trade influencers
- people educated (internal/ trade / consumer)