Estates & Wines, the Moët Hennessy wine division, is a unique collection of prestigious wineries spread across 5 continents. Our vineyards are located on exceptional sites and are among the best terroirs of their appellation. Each of our wineries have broken new ground - by pioneering new or forgotten regions; or through innovative & distinctive winemaking techniques.
Today, Estates & Wines has the ambition to develop significantly its profit contribution through top line growth with the aim to become champion of wine quality and excellence at point of sale and to do so we are looking for Wines Ambassadors, with passion for wines and entrepreneurial spirit, to deliver Commercial excellence in our key markets.
Based in Oslo, Norway and reporting to Estates & Wines International Direction based in Paris and functionally to the MH market, the Wine Development Ambassador Nordics is responsible for developing Estates & Wines Brand awareness and distribution in Norway, Denmark & Sweden, in alignment with the business development strategy. This role sits at the confluence of education, commerce and marketing and brings a fresh perspective to the wine mission.
Sales: support and develop E&W wines sales within the market.
- Establish a clear hit list of accounts to develop / win in strategic and relevant channels
- ‘Open bottles' mindset:
- Sample accounts and create new leads
- Lead the two annual commercial blitzes with the sale's community (March / September)
- Drive disruptive business development opportunities
- Develop a customer and trade influencers database and network. Share "firsthand" infos with the sales teams.
Education: get the key brands messages delivered within MH teams and within the trade
- Set up a internal training calendar on E&W brands (categories, competitors) in accordance with business priorities (vintages releases, blitzes)
- Ensure that all sales are fully equipped with relevant and up-to-date material and knowledge in order to effectively sell the Estates & Wines portfolio.
- Populate the tools within the markets and make sure the market becomes best in class in E&W modules completion on MH Academy
- Support sales' community with trade trainings and communication actions on the field in accordance with Maison key messages.
Animations/Activations & Experiences: make it shine
- Support the sales' team building the annual animation plans
- Owns an important sampling budget in order to make our wines accessible and visible in the right places by consumers (festivals, exhibitions, events)
- Contribute to build inspiring and lasting advocacy (PR management, in-store tastings, fairs, shows, partnerships)
- Report on achievements/ next steps/ updates
- Wine certification (WSET 2 or 3) or Sommelier diploma.
- Business / Management Diplomas
- Entrepreneurial & risk-taking mindset, acting like a brand owner, with agility and flexibility
- Passion for wine and ability to inspire others.
- Ability to establish strong relationship with key stakeholders and partners. An existing ‘wine industry" network within the market is a plus.
- Clear and adaptable communicator, at all levels of customer, influencer or internal stakeholders
- Full alignment with MH values.
- Excellent commercial and/or marketing track record, with sales development / brand building experience in the wine industry
- Exceptional wine knowledge and passion for the industry.
- Proven ability in motivating others and acting as a team player, internally (non-hierarchical relationships) and externally (trade owners/staff, influencers, partners)
- Demonstrated agility in breaking down barriers to decision making and getting to ‘yes'
- Outstanding presentation/people hosting skills
- Business/University degree
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Fluent in English
Key Performances Indicator (not exhaustive list)
- Market E&W P&L - NSI / MI / A&P / AM
- Distribution Gains (incorporating wine blitzes)
- # of sales leads within targeted universe
- # new accounts
- # of animations in existing accounts / key wholesalers
- # internal trainings
- Networking / Trade influencers
- people educated (internal/ trade / consumer)