The LVMH Visual Image Studio provides services to other companies within LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton Group, the world leader in luxury. We are currently looking for a Designer who will support the Senior Designers in the process of researching, developing, illustrating, designing and prototyping creative concepts for all 3-dimensional (3D) and spatial design projects (including but not limited to window displays, exhibition spaces, space design for retail product animations and props).
The Designer is responsible for researching, developing and illustrating creative concepts for all projects developed by the Visual Image Studio. In doing so, the Designer is working autonomously and in small teams to the direction of the Creative Director, Art Director and Fashion Director.
- Idea/concept research: Creating mood-boards, research and exploration of pictures and moving images for the creative concepts.
- Illustrating initial concepts indicating artistic direction for spatial composition, forms, materials and colors through hand sketches, scale drawings and color options.
- Designing and detailing specification of space compositions, forms, materials and colors with the use of specialised 3D software for modeling and image rendering (such as Rhinoceros, 3DStudioMax, Z-Brush, Keyshot and V-Ray).
- Formulating developed concepts and detailed designs with the use of illustrations and 3D renderings for consideration and approval of the Creative Director, Art Director and the most senior management of the brand
- Working on detailed design of the forms and the composition of final concept, technical drawings for production, specifications of materials, finishes and any effects (digital or kinetic) as well as overseeing production of the prototypes, mock-ups and samplesInnovation and design implementation, new materials research, exploration of innovative production techniques
- Partnering partnering with technical design teams and production teams at LVMH brands for design innovation, new material research as well new production techniques.
- On-site installations of executed concepts.
- Mentoring of junior team members.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of spatial design skills for retail environments and experience in terms of visual research techniques.
- High level of 3D design skills including command of modeling and rendering software such as Rhinoceros and Keyshot.
- Ability to illustrate own novel ideas through sketches, drawings and physical mock-ups.
- Well-developed verbal and visual communication skills. Spoken French an advantage.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to perform all of the tasks of the design process, with proficiency and show ability to take responsibility for parts or all of the steps of design process, depending on the complexity of the project.
- Must demonstrate the ability to incorporate complex marketing and merchandising information related to the brand and the product into designs.
- Knowledge of and interest in the application of materials and manufacturing techniques and engineering.
- Experience in sample production.
- A creative and curious mind, open to and interested in varied and eclectic sources of inspiration.
- Ideally at least one year working within, and highly developed understanding of, luxury brands market and luxury brand codes.
PLEASE SEND CV & PORTFOLIO TO firstname.lastname@example.org