The EMEA Wholesale Director reporting to the EMEA Managing Director will oversee all EMEA Wholesale functions including managing the wholesale team, maintaining the quality of the distribution network, and pitching new business.
He / she will be responsible for meeting the Sales growth targets (Sell In + Sell Out) while working both strategically and operationally to maintain and continue to build on the wholesale distribution expected for Marc Jacobs, in line with the EMEA strategy of the brand and the global orientation.
The EMEA Wholesale Director will proactively develop relationships with major department stores, major Ecommerce players, Travel Retail operators, as well as high-end multi-brand stores throughout the region, ensuring beneficial relationships with clients. He / she will propose new development opportunities in terms of new franchises.
To accomplish his job, he or she will:
- Analyze markets and competition
- Propose short, mid and long-term strategy and budgetary equation for the development of the brand in the region
- Manage and develop sales
- Budget monthly and yearly sales and expenses per direct account
- Deliver monthly and yearly sales and control expenses per direct account
- Set and monitor regional sales strategy and policy; to ensure coherence within the region
- Propose incentive and other necessary tools to achieve sales objectives
Organize, manage, train, coach and develop the existing wholesale team, and be responsible to recruit new talent into the business whenever needed.
Manage together with the Manager in charge of the Department store Sales staff (Hiring, Motivating, Training, Coaching) to reach Sell through targets for the brand.
- Develop and plan yearly and seasonal sales plans, ensuring ambitious sales growth goals are met in accordance with our business plan.
Prepare in advance with the WS sales team and then conduct the Sales & Buying sessions that occur during Market weeks & showroom periods for the EMEA Wholesale clients.
- Coordinate sales planning with all functional departments of the company, and most specifically with Supply / Finance / VM and Marketing & communication.
Develop, negotiate and manage agreements with key distributors and major department stores
- Develop key performance indicators and ensure sales targets are achieved within the franchise business
- Communicate trend and competitive information internally. Review weekly and monthly sales report & sales targets (ST, weekly and monthly sales)
- Strong experience of minimum 8 years in the Fashion Luxury Industry in the Area.
- Knowledge of the clients of the region
- Sales-oriented and excellent negotiation skills
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Highly customer and results driven, good commercial sense
- Strong leadership qualities both with customers and employees
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and French as a must. Additional language skills highly desirable
- Effectively manage the Wholesale Team
Office based in Paris (2eme arr.)