Christian Dior has a rare and unique opportunity for an experienced and driven Visual Merchandiser to join our regional head office team based in Munich.
Christian Dior was a visionary. Beginning with his first collection in 1947 he rewrote the rules of modern elegance and imposed his style on the entire world. Well beyond fashion, he brought women his vision of beauty and happiness; he loved and reinvented a refined art de vivre. Today, the Creative Directors of the House continue to revisit the codes of Monsieur Dior through haute couture, RTW, Leathergoods and accessories and fine jewellery and timepieces.
You will be reporting to your zone General manager with a dotted reporting line to the Europe & Middle East VM Director, executing the Visual merchandising strategies sent by the Head office and implementing visual displays in the store windows and on the sales floor.
You will be responsible for creating and maintaining a compelling presentation of merchandise, ensuring the brand identity is kept while engaging customers and help stimulating sales activity.
While you will be based in Munich, taking care of the 7 German boutiques, you will also have to travel to Austria and Switzerland to work with the VM team.
- actively implement the day to day Visual Merchandising of the boutiques ensuring VM standards are met and exceeded in your boutiques
- set up the window decor changes for your network, following the VM Head Office directives
- able to understand a commercial strategy and inject it while following the VM guidelines
- build strong relationships with the boutiques and department stores management teams to ensure VM supports the business strategy and sales objectives
- manage your store VM budgets
- manage and train the VM correspondents in the boutiques
- source suppliers for various VM projects, and production in line with Paris guidelines and standards --Organise the manufacture of VM tools wherever required
- plan and manage store openings in your perimeter: this includes sourcing flowers, inventory of props, planning the windows and you will make sure the VM standards are achieved for the opening
- create regular photo reports and feedbacks for your stores, your General manager and the VM Director.
- plan and set up the Trunk shows and other events that require a VM set up.
- VM training: working with in-store sales staff and helping to develop their understanding of presentation
- 7 to 8 years Visual Merchandising experience within a multi-category luxury fashion house.
- proven ability to manage VM productions and financial budgets
- knowledge of window decor designs
- strong creative flair and effective problem-solving abilities.
- self-reliant, self-motivated, and have an ability to achieve goals and meet deadlines without supervision.
- ability to follow both written and verbal instruction with great attention to detail is essential.
- organizational skills
- excellent communication and relationship building skills
- availability to work late nights when required
- knowledge of Illustrator, PowerPoint and Excel
A bachelor's degree is preferred in visual or fashion merchandising, graphic design or other arts-related fields but not mandatory
The position is based in Munich, Germany and requires frequent business trips in the zone.
Information à l'attention des candidats
If you want to be part of a dynamic team and looking for the next opportunity please forward your CV and cover letter TODAY!