The "US Holding companies" consist of 16 legal entities: holdings, real estate & investment companies. The holding entity LVMH Inc. also hosts the representation of the LVMH Group for North America. It employs circa 50 professionals who provide corporate services to the Group companies and the Brands operating in the US and in Canada, such as various HR services, financing, risk management & insurance, comprehensive Tax services, legal services, purchasing, media, digital and IT infrastructure management.
The company is located in New-York City, 19 East 57th street.
The main responsibilities of the VIE position are as follows:
1: Produce monthly Group Sales reports for the region (USA and Canada) for top management of the Group and of the Brands in the region:
- extract sales data from various Group reporting databases, check consistency of data, organize the data and produce the reports. Although the formats already exist, it is expected that they are regularly improved and made more relevant
- analyze sales data by city, region, channel, etc.... and analyze variances versus prior periods. Liaise with the Brands to understand key drivers of sales performance
- contribute to the enhancement of the Group Sales report, such as: information on competition, department stores performance, wholesale analysis, impact of tourism, of exchange rates, etc....
- perform ad-hoc analysis as requested by Management
2: Support the VP, Accounting & Controlling and Accounting Manager & Assistant Controller:
- perform analysis of operating expenses of LVMH Inc. (if required, on other Holding companies), and variances versus budget and prior year
- participate to the production of monthly Profit and Loss statements (analysis of the operating expenses by account and cost center, preparation of the accruals file and booking of the monthly accruals), analytical files and reporting files to Group head-quarters
- prepare ad-hoc presentation decks for business reviews, budget meetings, etc....
3: is the liaison person between the local accounting team users and the IT support team at Group HQ in Paris re: SAP and other accounting related softwares:
- document issues, manage "tickets"
- pro-actively follow-up resolution of issues
4: Assist the VP, Accounting & Controlling, in the roll-out at LVMH Inc. of any Accounting / Finance Group- software development
- participate to the gap analysis Group HQ processes versus LVMH Inc.
- assist in organizing and validating tests
- participate to the training of the users
The candidate must:
- have graduated from a business school and/or hold a Master degree in management with a major in finance & accounting
- have acquired a first experience in Planning & Analysis ("controle de gestion") and be accounting savvy. Having completed internships or having a first working experience in a big four audit firm would be a plus
- have great analytical skills
- have very good command of Excel and PowerPoint
- be rigorous
- be proactive, and capable of functioning effectively under stress and meeting deadlines
- be truly fluent in English. Capable of drafting reports, slides, analysis and notes for top management
Team work is crucial to be successful in this position
Information à l'attention des candidats
VIE start date: 11/2018
Duration: 18 months
NOTE: before applying, please make sure you meet the criteria to be eligible for this 18-month program at