Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH. Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
This position is responsible for managing a Brand portfolio of direct material packaging components/Formula and direct development with vendors to support Kendo's Product Development strategies. This includes, but is not limited to, negotiating cost and Capacity with vendors to ensure optimal Value for the brand and partnering with the Operations team to achieve the Optimal TCO as well as Flexibility.
Develop vendor relationships that meet quality demands and result in best cost and on-time delivery of products
Make recommendation on purchasing model (full turnkey, directed buy, or non-turnkey)
Make vendor recommendation based on capacity at vendors
Negotiate formula and packaging costs to ensure Kendo with Optimal landed Cost
Design to Cost/Value in Partner with Packaging and PD teams to get best value Product at launch
Identify, track and measure financial cost savings for assigned sourcing projects: quantify cost avoidance, contributions to other markets, currency fluctuations and their impact, and savings cannibalization, as applicable
Continually identify opportunities for improvement across all brands, both short-term and long-term
Manage Business award (Award Letter, ...)
Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency
Develop Vendor Score Cards with PD, Packaging, Production, Procurement, Creative and Regulatory
Participate to Suppliers Business Review Meeting
Work in close relationship with Kendo procurement team to ensure optimal flow from Brief to PO
- 5+ years of experience in a Sourcing role
- Experience working in the beauty industry preferred
- Demonstrated effective negotiation and influencing skills that deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects via prioritization and planning
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and vendor relationships
- Ability to think strategically, and apply problem solving ability to tactical issues.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to win support and stimulate others to take action, make changes, improve processes and challenge the "status quo"
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, often-changing collaborative environment
- Some travel may be required