TAG Heuer is looking for a senior mechanical engineer for developing new mechanical design for watches and connected products. The mechanical engineer will tightly work with the design, project manager and engineering team to identify innovative mechanical solutions meeting TAG Heuer high standards of quality. The role will also supervise outsourced development and work closely with external technical partners to ensure product features achieve design, quality, schedule and cost goals. Your time will be split between our Paris and La Chaux-de-Fonds offices.
- New products mechanical development in accordance with initial design and performance requirements.
- Assess mechanical solutions provided by vendor, challenge them, establish recommendations and mechanical proposals, in order to match the set of constraints, both technical and aesthetical.
- Outsourced development management and follow up.
- Identify technical solutions to meet product requirements.
- Identify, audit and provide input on mechanical suppliers and external partners.
- Prototypes analysis, documentation and mechanical engineering validation.
- Perform tolerance analysis to ensure product fit and function.
- Follow up all mechanical validation tests
- Create / control all necessary engineering documentation for production, including assembly drawings, BOMs, and ECNs.
- Maintain interface with vendors and contribute to the development of mechanical tooling
- Collaborate with suppliers to ensure the successful industrialization and production of new products
- Contribute to production parts qualification tools definition
- Participate to the product development cycle process continuous improvement
Graduated with a recognized master's degree in electrical engineering/ computer engineering, you demonstrate also strong knowledge in mechanical/ electromechanical engineering. You have already acquired a solid experience (minimum 5 years) in consumer oriented product development, ideally in luxury or premium industry with high quality standards. You know how to develop products with embedded hardware. An excellent level of English and French is required, as well as solid knowledge in:
- Geometric dimensioning and performing statistical tolerance analysis,
- CAD tools (such as CREO), ISO dimensioning and functional dimensioning.
- FEA tools such as ANSYS,
- Injection molding and machining.
Self-starter, you are able to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. You're passionate about lifestyle and luxury products. You are focused on solutions and your results-orientation allows you to achieve your goals easily. Your excellent interpersonal and communication skills give you the ability to work cross-functionally and with international teams. You adapt easily to changes and you will bring up strong sense of details.