Responsible for activities related to the development of luxury stores, the project manager is involved in the entire architectural process of the project, from feasibility study to final delivery, warranty, maintenance, budget and procurement.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Supervise and coordinate all architectural activities required for the construction of new boutiques, renovation or maintenance activities
- Manage external consultants such as architects, engineers, contractors and suppliers
- Be responsible for planning, budget and quality of the execution of new projects as well as maintaining existing network of boutiques
- Efficiently communicate on projects within the regional team and Paris architecture office throughout all phases of projects
- Prepare feasibility studies, to evaluate new locations and estimate budgets and schedules
- Collaborate with Finance Department on budgets architectural CAPEX and maintenance OPEX. Regular project & maintenance budgets and updates.
- Prepare design brief together with the local team (Retail Managers, Partners, etc.) to ensure the final design reflects the commercial requirements of the zone
- Establish contact with Landlord architectural team, to get location drawings and guidelines and all other necessary technical start up information
- Manage and negotiate contracts & tenders of all consultants, contractors and vendors
- Manage and negotiate all direct Vendors orders, quotes, invoices and logistics
- Review consultants and contractor's drawings to ensure consistency with project and concept, from preliminary submission through shop drawings
- Construction site visit, reporting, and coordination
- Archiving of all project related deliverables on the Store Planning shared drive.
- Report to Finance on all final close out and any possible changes to fixed assets.
- Min of 5 years of retail architectural or store planning experience inside a comparable luxury international brand, or similar architectural or construction management experience.
- Degree in Architecture or Engineering
- Computer skills: AutoCAD 2D, Sketch-Up, Photoshop and all Office programs
- Ability to positively manage a team, stakeholders and outside business partners
- Excellent communication skills are required and cultural curiosity hugely beneficial
- Ability to manage time and anticipate challenges
- Ability to be design and detail oriented with highest standards of expectations at all phases of work.
- Analytical and project management skills
- Possess a strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Possess excellent and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel frequently