The Print Designer role sits within the Design Studio. Our goal is to elevate the product by creating unique and original artworks by hand. The Print Designer will drive excellence in print through the connection of design, development and merchandising.
- The Print Designer is an artist who specializes in creating originality through the art of print and pattern to elevate the Women's and Men's product experience
- This will require print design excellence through the connection of design, development and manufacturing
- Works with state-of-the-art suppliers and manufacturers
- Works cross-functionally with print development and raw materials to ensure the highest level of execution
- Brings to life the seasonal print direction that is trend-relevant
- Well informed of current colour trends, art, fashion, design and street related products through market research to keep ahead of consumer needs
- Influences the global seasonal print direction and aesthetic proposing new techniques based on category insights and forecasts
- Continuously advances product process and design skills, keeping abreast of technology, reflective of an expert design professional
- Takes ownership of seasonal print projects, and is the point of contact for the apparel and accessories design teams
- Works closely with more junior members of the team to coach and mentor them through the design process
- Is confident and has solid presentation skills to present to varied audiences with the goal to engage and inspire other members of the design studio and as well as cross functional partners
-be able to work on different collections at the same time (woman fashion show, men fashion show, preco, ELN, Chrstimas, Chihiro and Paula Ibiza...) plus soft accessories for all these collections. Ability to juggle all these different stories.
-research for the team and for the creative director
-eye for colours, print composition and creating print by hand and computer(good skills in photoshop, illustrator,indisign)
-methodic, always update prints and soft accessories overviews to communicate clearly with studio/development/merch and supplier, work cross functionally between each categories
-be in charge under the Head of Print of the soft accessories development/creation of collection between the Head of and merchandising
-launching and following print/jacquard, embroideries with direct contact with supplier
-be able to answer to all questions when the Head of Print is not available, be aware of all the development, creation
-Works closely with more junior members of the team to coach and mentor them through the design process
-be a real right hand woman on all collections at the same time.
- BA, BFA, BS in Design required, MA desired in Textile, Print or Fine art.
- 8+ years experience in the Luxury Fashion apparel industry
- 5+ years experience designing prints for the Luxury Fashion design industry
- Excellent and fluent skills in Adobe suite-illustrator/photoshop/InDesign +
- Solid presentation skills
- Experience working for a global brand
- Experience managing or mentoring more junior team members
- Create original artworks from scratch through hand drawing, painting or mixed media
- Be able to create repeat prints from original and bought artworks
- Ability to create separated artwork files for screen printing
- Expert understanding of different print techniques, fabrics and garment construction
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, a/k/a doesn't take themselves too seriously.