PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The PR Manager is responsible for ensuring qualitative visibility of the GUERLAIN brand within Benelux: offline through traditional media (print) and online through webzine and strong influencers partnerships.
The PR Manager will design and implement local communication strategies to support the marketing plan and to consolidate GUERLAIN's position in each axis of the business.
Develop and implement the International PR & Communication strategy
· Devise a plan to support star launches, corporate stories and local activities to ensure the right fit and increased visibility
· Support all International initiatives with a strong PR visibility
· Identify opportunities for the brand and implement bespoke initiatives
· Collaborate with Central team to leverage and share best-practices
Develop key relationships with media partners, online & offline
· Maintain and develop strong press contacts with national, mainstream, niche and online titles, within the beauty industry
· Build close partnerships and contact with mid-tail local influencers, to activate strong and long - term digital stories
· Act as frontline representative for the company for incoming media inquiries
Secure and increase visibility of GUERLAIN vs competition
· Secure GUERLAIN top 5, online & offline, on BeLux market. Top 10 Netherlands.
· Maximise qualitative & differentiated visibility on GUERLAIN (novelties & DNA) for both print and online activities
· Generate standalone features, shoots, interviews and video content, to ensure GUERLAIN storytelling is optimised
· Plan yearly makeup artists collaborations and seek out beauty shoots within mainstream and ‘image' titles for the full year
· Build, maintain and manage long-term relationships with partners. (de munt, Brafa, etc.)
· Participation to international press events on strategic launches
· Management and organization of specific local events, dedicated to press & influencers, to support star launches
· Close collaboration with central events.
· Closely control the PR budget, with detailed follow up at every business review
· Compile monthly evaluation and analysis reports, extracting figures from Geopress to track online & offline results
· Oversee the ordering of pre-series, catalogue stock and corporate materials for press
· Close collaboration with Marketing Product teams to develop launch plans and communicate PR objectives
KEY FIGURES & ASSESSMENT CRITERIA / OBJECTIVES
> Geopress Rankings, print & web, monthly and full year > Rankings & Market Shares > Budget Monitoring > Impact & visibility of locally negotiated coverage RELATIONSHIPS > Internal: Product Managers, Training Manager, Merchandising, Finance, Local Management Team > Central PR, E-PR & Communications teams > External: Journalists, influencers, Media agency, Printing agencies, Production partners, Translation agencies, Retailers
· Capability to understand and defend brand DNA · Innovative and creative thinker able to develop new ways to tell the brand's story · Diplomat, able to flex style across varying levels of internal and external contacts to build consensus · Relationship builder, well organised and pro-active. · Self-motivated, confident & persuasive, with strong ability to take initiative and ownership · Problem solver, the ability to think laterally · Strong analytical, presentation & communication skills · Drive and resilience to deliver results
> Personal affinity with GUERLAIN brand and luxury products > Education: Business or Communication school / Master > First experience in PR & Communication requested > Experience in beauty is a plus > Language skills: excellent written and spoken knowledge in Dutch / French / English > Social skills: energetic, sociable, communicative > Excellent skills in Excel and Power point