The Retail Director will manage 3 boutiques in Japan.
The role will support store managers to maximize client satisfaction, productivity and profitability through teambuilding, staff development, goal attainment, and by ensuring compliance with all the brand's standards.
This role ensures effective communication and execution of company retail and merchandising concepts.
The Retail Director will lead by example and provide feedback to his/her direct reports, resulting in more efficient, productive, and profitable boutiques. Consistent decision making that will enhance the customer experience.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Management of the teams in the boutiques
- Steering the business of Japan
- Definition and implementation of client service/retail operations standards and processes
- Optimize the store experience for the clients
- Animate by overseeing the events inside & outside the boutiques
- Typical responsibilities of the job include recruiting, training, supervising and appraising staff
- Managing sales and stock plans and budgets
- Being able to deal with customer queries and complaints
- Overseeing pricing and stock control
- Maximising profitability and meeting sales targets
- Coordination with support teams at HQ (Supply Chain, Merchandising, Training, Marketing) and local backoffice (IT, Controlling, HR)
- Master the retailer's tools: KPI, P&L, Processes & procedures
- Management: animation and development of the teams
- Understand the clients and know our top VICs
- effective leadership and the ability to motivate others;
- the ability to plan and priorities workloads and delegate accordingly;
- customer focus;
- the capacity to grasp new concepts quickly;
- the ability to multi-task;
- shrewd business sense and a well-developed commercial awareness;
- a desire to work as part of a team to generate fresh and innovative ideas.
- Willingness to spend time in the boutiques, with the teams but also with the clients. A boutique manager experience is definitely a plus.
The idea is to manage as close as possible to the activity not only from the office.
Qualifications: 5 Year retail management experience; marketing/merchandising/CRM/finance; English/Japanese speaker