TAG Heuer: the Swiss Avant-Garde watchmaker since 1860. Avant-garde is our culture and philosophy. Our unique heritage is built on a disruptive mindset, an innovative approach and a cool and free-minded spirit to think ahead and establish records. The TAG Heuer watches and chronographs are an authentic concentration of innovation, design and engineering for bold, self-confident people who are connected to the future.
Our slogan #DontCrackUnderPressure is more than a claim - it is a mindset. If you like challenges, out-of-the-box thinking and teamwork, there is an opportunity for you as we are looking for a highly motivated Media Director (M/W).
Lead the Media Team to build a robust long-term media strategy for TAG Heuer. Develop and execute annual media plans that deliver on key sales objectives, drive up the desirability of the brand and maximize ROI from media spend. Direct the planning, development and creation of integrated media campaigns for key product launches across all markets, managing local media teams and various agencies around the world.
- Build and monitor optimum long-term media strategy for the brand that is fully aligned with broader marketing plan as well companywide objectives
- Maximize the ROI from media spend
- Consolidate and manage local media plans at market level (20 markets approx. HQ + Subs + Agents) to ensure full integration and consistency across all markets whilst capitalizing on local opportunities (be global act local)
- Manage robust media budget across all markets, including billing, invoices, etc.
- Manage portfolio of global media agencies
- Develop relationships with key media partners in order to build partnerships that go beyond just pure media buying (integrate PR, content, etc. in bigger packages)
- Manage internal media team
- Closely cooperate with Creative, PR and Brand Teams to ensure media plans are fully aligned with broader Brand Strategy
- Manage the artwork deliveries to media and be responsible for production with the Execution agencies
- Work closely with Group's media team in order to optimize media opportunities derived from the strength and scale of the Group
- Remain current on all the new developments in the media sector to ensure that TAG Heuer benefits from the new technologies and remain on the cutting edge
- Build specific media plans for all upcoming product launches. Generate significant impact on launch day while sustaining necessary exposure post launch
- Closely monitor competitive media spend to ensure TAG Heuer keeps up with competition. Use the data to challenge budgets and push for growth in order to build brand exposure
- Leverage new technologies to build new planning and day-to-day management process for media planning and monitoring
- Constantly search for new media opportunities that will help TAG Heuer cut through the clutter of watch industry advertising
- Work closely with the Digital Team to integrate digital media plans across all departments in order to continue to drive e-commerce growth
- Support content team on paid content amplification on social media
- Support CMO on broader marketing strategy development
- Set and follow KPIs for each media campaign and use the learnings to recalibrate future plans
- Master's degree in Marketing, Communications, Retail, Digital or a related field / MBA is a plus
- 10+ years' industry and / or relevant work experience (ideal candidate will have experience both at agency as well as on client level)
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills. French is appreciated
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and managerial level of strategic thinking
- Senior experience in marketing communications, campaign development and of course media planning and buying
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Agile approach to management (creative and curious mind)
- Academic and professional understanding of an ever-changing media landscape and advanced experience in project management
- Ability to collaborate and manage platforms and tools used by media partners as well as ability to manage and / or collaborate with internal and external cross-functional groups: Brand, PR, Creative & Content, Digital, etc.
- Passion for the watch industry
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Immersed in the world of culture, lifestyle, tech and sports media
Home base and travel
Ability to travel up to 20%