Based in Mendoza winery, and reporting to the Estates & Wines Marketing & Communication Director, the Terrazas de los Andes, Marketing Manager is responsible to to drive the Awareness, desirability and sales of Terrazas de los Andes on a Global level, making it the reference brand for Malbec. She/he is responsible for the brands strategic planning and marketing developments at global level defining creative platforms for the brand and developing all tools for the brand for the markets.
She/He will be the point person for Terrazas marketing globally. This is a hands-on role which requires both strategic thinking and managing the fine details. You will need to work flexibly and collaboratively with the winery, markets and E&W marketing and communications team in the definition & implementation of marketing strategy in the markets.
Brand strategy and equity
- The owner of the brand DNA and codes and ensures consistency of brand execution globally.
- Develop strategic business reviews to identify challenges & opportunities via PMT process
- Identify key consumer trends/insights and implications for brand
- Develop global brand strategy to capture these opportunities: Brand vision, overall brand strategy, marketing strategy, marketing mix, DNA, positioning.
- Work collaboratively with the estate, the markets (domestic and global) and the E&W Marketing team to develop yearly marketing plans that excite the markets and are implementable given the A&P investment.
- Be the point person for Terrazas for all the global markets requests and demands.
A&P budget development
- Provide brand budget guidelines to regions/markets that include global and local A&P spending initiatives
- Provide feedback to regions on marketing calendar & budgets
- In the framework of the budget process, develop brand central A&P budget
Brand identity & packaging
- Develop creative brief and share with the estate and key markets
- Lead agency selection process, production execution
- Lead the development of the brand innovation strategy and deliver programs to markets
- Develop and monitor launch plans for innovation initiatives
Pricing and distribution
- Develop guidelines for brand pricing at RSP level
- Work with the E&W business development organization to set RSP and NSI pricing guidelines based on overall brand strategy with local markets inputs.
Off and on-premise visibility & activation
- Define brand global merchandising strategy & guidelines
- Develop brand merchandising, POS and promotion tools at global level
- Receive and give guidance on locally-generated initiatives
Brand content & Digital
- Develop the yearly marketing and content plan for the brand
- Manage all the social media channels and website for Terrazas with support from E&W digital manager.
- Lead the global influencer strategy in-line with brand DNA and maximizing ROI.
Brand events & PR
- Develop global concepts and creative and share with the estate and key markets
- Develop 360° guidelines for brand regional/local events
- Greet all key press who visit the winery and proactively work with the markets to bring the right influencers to the winery.
Masters/MBA of Marketing or Business
Business school MBA or equivalent in terms of professional background
Fluent (native or fully bi-lingual) English and Spanish.
Professional experience & know how :
5-10 years' experience in marketing positions
Knowledge of wines & spirits industry or a very strong interest in wines.
Sensitivity to the luxury industry
Global Marketing experience is essential
Technical & management skills :
Experience in project management, detail oriented
Creativity and Rigor
Personal & interpersonal skills:
Strong appreciation of different markets and cultures.
Good communication skills (oral and written)
Strong organizational skills
Strong analytical skills
Drive for result & excellence
Pragmatic and hands-on approach to business
Comfortable in working in a matrix organization