Within the Men Artistic Direction of Christian Dior Couture, you will report to the Head of Knitwear, based in Paris. You will work closely on the design and development process of knitwear while remaining consistent with the Christian Dior Collection. Your responsibilities include managing the design process from concept to production of finished collections.
You will support the work team in following missions:
- Develop innovative designs consistent
- Understand the Christian Dior Men Customer and brand positioning.
- Work cross-functionally and timely with Design to determine style, materials, color and to develop a successful product.
- Operate within the given design calendar timelines.
- Work closely with other design team members to help design a cohesive collection and runway show.
- Research and stay on top of current trends & apply trends to product design.
- Research & source materials and components for feedback and inspiration.
- Ensure that all Design boards are done timely and meet the calendar deadlines.
- Identify opportunities and make suggestions for process improvement.
Graduate with a degree in Art or Fashion, you have a solid experience, at least 2-3 years, in designing knits for a fashion company, ideally with a significantly large collection.
You have a strong sense of color, fashion, product & trend. Furthermore, you have a strong knowledge of design & product development process.
You are a person with a highly developed aesthetic sensitivity, with also strong design and conceptual skills.
You are an organised person, for instance in time management. However, you have strong written & verbal communication skills, with a team spirit.
You will be required to travel 30% of your working time.
You must have competent skills in Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign.
You are fluent in English + French and Italian would be a plus.
Encouraging diversity in all its forms, Christian Dior Couture is involved since 2013 in an approach in favour of the employment of people with disabilities.