The Key Account Manager (KAM) plays a key role in the commercial organisation in the Benelux.
Reporting to the Benelux Commercial Director (CD), he/she develops the commercial relationships with the head offices of the national and regional chains which represent 80% of the total revenue of PCD Benelux. He/she visits all or some of the retail stores operated by the chains. The strategy and the trade plan for these chains are determined in consultation with the management team
The KAM is responsible for developing the Dior image and the Dior market share in the chains for which he/she is responsible. This means deploying and using all the necessary resources and maintaining relations with all the contact persons in the chain (depending on the structure)
He/she coordinates the following tasks:
- Initiate all the necessary campaigns to achieve the agreed objectives negotiated and maintain strong relationship with all retailer key stakeholders at all levels
- Strive for continuous improvement of rand performance at retailer's level.
- Regular reporting about the results, the organisation, the activities of the chain, the Dior plans and the plans of the competitors.
- Monitor competition in the chain: ranking of the other brands / monthly campaign plan with the retailer / merchandising and training / evaluate the trade terms.
SELL OUT DEVELOPMENT
- Prepare, follow-up & evaluate the trade plan with Dior Marketing and the Retail Manager.
- Motivates the commercial team to develop the turnover within the chain.
- Develop performance by sales channel with a particular focus on E-retail performance.
- Close Monitoring of retailer stock level to maintain healthy Sell-out sell-in equation
- Present and agree the order for the novelties and the general condition agreements.
- Evaluate and improve Brand presence and visibility in stores.
- Conduct regular store visits to follow up retailer activity.
- Collaborate with Dior Retail and Training departments to develop Training of Beauty consultant in stores
Place in the organisation
Reports to: Benelux Commercial Director
Manager: 1 direct report of Account Manager independent stores, also works closely with Retail Management and other Key Account Manager
Contact persons: Key Account Manager / Trade Marketing Manager / Sales team / ADV / Finance / Retail Manager/ Product Manager
Performance is evaluated on the basis of quantitative criteria such as:
- Additional turnover achieved during national events
- Achieving the sell-in objectives based on the development of the sell-out
- Merchandising measured in the number of shelves
and based on qualitative criteria such as the quality of the long-term relationship with the chains and motivating the customer team for Dior.
Minimum higher professional education or equivalent ability obtained through experience
Minimum 3-5 years commercial work experience as KAM
Experience and knowledge of the cosmetics branch would be preferred.
Excellent communication skills
Creative and enterprising
Excellent ability to work in a team as well as operate independently
Good knowledge of French and Dutch language