Job Summary: This role provides support to the Global Brand Protection Director for brand protection's strategy and initiatives.
Key Responsibilities are:
- Assist to define and implement an off-line and on-line strategy in Africa and Middle East;
- Police the market for counterfeit products;
- Supervise agents and service providers (investigators, outside counsels) in conducting investigations and enforcement actions;
- Undertake legal actions against identified counterfeiters;
- Manage and follow up legal proceedings all together with external lawyers;
- Analysis of intelligence to high risk/most valuable targets and emerging threats;
- Built relationships with Law enforcement (Customs, Police, Prosecutors). Provide training sessions to local enforcement authorities in product identification - with a view to encourage them to identify, seize and destroy counterfeits and prosecute infringers;
- Create training materials for internal & external use regarding product identification of key MH brands;
- Participate in activities for the promotion of awareness of intellectual property and brand protection to MH local subsidiaries. Create training programs to local businesses in Africa and Middle East with a view to gaining their help and managing their expectations;
- Establish effective relationships and communication with the Business, Marketing & Digital teams to strengthen an efficient brand protection strategy;
- Carry out identification of suspected counterfeit MH products and define the identification process for anti-counterfeit in Africa and Middle East;
- Facilitate internal and external communication regarding anti-counterfeiting activities;
- Build and maintain an effective network in support of the above responsibilities, both internally (e.g. key business representatives and stakeholders, functional managers), and externally (e.g. related governments, relevant associations, IP offices, law firms, LEA, online monitoring firms...);
- Participate in the external IP/Brand Protection -related events (including workshops);
- Attend meetings with local anti-counterfeiting/IP associations, other brand owners to support and develop anti-counterfeiting network in Africa and Middle East and co-ordinate actions;
- Managing illicit parallel and decoded matters (investigations and legal proceedings follow up);
- Liaise and share information with other brand protection managers regarding brand protection activities. Coordination with MH Central and the Maisons;
- Act as inital point of contact for all IP related matters/safety issues;
- Budget management.
Other Job Requirements are:
- Law degree - Minimum 6 years of work experience in brand protection/IP practice
- Good ability to work independently
- Ability to build trust and drive results is required.
- Must have strong communication skills; relationship builder
- Be experienced in online brand protection/Digital oriented
- Ability to act as trusted advisor to business, including senior executives
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Travels required Africa and Middle East
Information à l'attention des candidats