- Promotes sell-thru & drives sell-in in order to achieve annual retail and wholesale sales targets.
- Ensures each POS meets the brand standards in terms of store environment, brand representation, merchandising, promotion, sales staff practices and training ; all this in accordance with the brand's latest sales & marketing guidelines.
- Recommends and implements promotional activities on-board (events, animations, trunk shows...)
- Create best practices for all promotional activities on-board.
- Travels 50% of the time to visit cruise ships POS, ensuring proper merchandising of the products and training of the sales staff, and to animate the promotional activities on-board.
The job reports to the Travel Retail Director and requires an intense field activity which must then be completed by follow up activities including:
- Providing reports and recommendations to the Sales and Marketing teams.
- Coordinating with back-office teams (to supply needed material: visuals, displays, animation sets...) and with the retailer to ensure in-store implementation.
Regular POS visits are required to:
- Keep frequent contact with sales staff so to maintain top of mind presence & motivate them to sell.
- Train sales staff on the brand, products and merchandising guidelines.
- Verify product mix, replenishment, proper pricing and sales technics.
- Survey all ships visuals and displays, report in POS visit report and update in database.
- Check for proper merchandising and correct as per corporate visual merchandising guidelines.
- Take POS pictures and archive in database.
- Implement animations & events on-board and duplicate successful promotions on other ships.
- Collect and report regularly on market conditions, competition activities and distribution changes.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years' sales experience in similar industry required. Experience of the Cruise industry is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated, action and results oriented
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adeptly manage multiple projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to deal with big volume of data
- Adapt easily to changes and will bring up new ideas and solutions
- Knowledge of and skill in using MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.