Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler. A play on the words "can do", Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Kendo is owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world's largest luxury group. Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions, the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, and great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- responsible for managing operations, sales and profit in region via our appointed distributor
- being the voice of brands in market, ensuring our brand equity and vision is adhered to at all times. Planning and implementing appropriate strategies for specified brands in collaboration with appointed distributor, supporting them to reach greater brand awareness and key sales and profitability objectives.
- The ideal candidate has a deep understanding and passion for the beauty industry and is a prestige strategist who can work closely and confidently with key cross-functional partners.
- This position works collaboratively Kendo regional teams as well with our global brand partners in San Francsico.
SCANDINAVIA KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support kendo appointed distributor in activations by giving advise, consultation and approving activations
- Build strategic go to market/retailer plans for brands via appointed distributor
- Manage sales and opex for markets
- 5+ years relevant experience; beauty industry / brand experience strongly preferred
- Proven experience of launching/managing a strategic plan in a retail business.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Fashion or luxury goods experience desired; passion for the beauty industry.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to cultivate strong partnerships across cross-functional teams.
- Creative thinker and proactive, resourceful problem solver.
- Ability to seek out and identify up-and-coming global beauty, fashion and culture trends.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Organised and keen attention to detail in both managing tasks and budget tracking.
- Experience presenting to the executive level.
- Able to work under pressure effectively & efficiently.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and multi-task.
- Strong organisational and time management skills; ability to constantly juggle priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive demeanor with a can-do attitude.