START DATE : 01/01/2021
The Account Manager plays an important role in the commercial organisation in the Netherlands.
Reporting to the Sr. Key Account Manager, he/she develops the commercial relationships with the (semi-)independent retailers within the entire Dutch market. Next to visiting the actual point of sales, he/she will also meet up with the franchise head offices. The strategy and trade plans for these franchise groups are determined in consultation with the management team.
The Account Manager is responsible for developing the Dior image and the performance at the independent retailers for which he/she is responsible. Based on the available resources, he/she will focus on the best possible outcome in order to grow the business.
He/she coordinates the following tasks:
- Making sure retailers are compliant with their obligation to have a healthy stock level.
- Presenting and ordering novelties
- Monitoring annual sell-in targets
- Close follow-up on trade activations
- Deploying sell-out tools if necessary
- Monitoring annual sell-out targets
- Securing best possible visibility at retailers
- Making sure retailers respect Dior image guidelines
- Evaluate retailers' point of sales on qualitative criteria
- Identify and exploit opportunities
- Monitoring competition (trade, launches, tools)
Place in the organization
Part of: Commercial team
Reports to: Sr. Key Account Manager
Potential Next steps: KAM on bigger national account
Contacts: Sales team / Customer Service / Accounts Receivable
Performance is evaluated on the basis of quantitative criteria such as:
- Sell-in & sell-out results
But also qualitative results such as the long-term relationship with retailers and cooperation with team members
HBO/WO in business or communication studies
- Minimum 2 years commercial work experience as Account Manager
- Experience and knowledge of the cosmetics branch and/or FMCG market would be preferred.
- Analytical insight
- Excellent communication skills
- Stress resilient
- Creative and enterprising
- Excellent ability to work in a team as well as operate independently
- Good knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Good knowledge of English and Dutch language