The Market Vice President, in accordance with the Company’s global vision and strategy, will have responsibility of the retail business and functional/market team, achieving commercial targets and leading the Company’s strategy to manage and grow the retail business. Key elements of the role will include achieving commercial target, creating a culture of clientelling and elevating the retail business. The MVP must provide business acumen and leadership capability to inspire the teams and elevate the brand. S/he will be a visionary who understands how to maximize sales and leverage client development opportunities throughout the region. S/he must be able to think strategically while also being hands-on in overseeing the day-to-day execution of the agreed upon strategy with a focus on clients, people and brand desirability. S/he will be an inclusive leader who is open and approachable and will work with both the zone team and the local teams in a transparent, united and mutually supportive manner. MVP must model and champion our core belief; People Make the Difference and our values; Be Creative & Innovative, Deliver Excellence and Cultivate an Entrepreneurial Spirit.
S/he must understand luxury and serve as an inclusive and passionate leader in shaping the future of the business and client experience while creating a dynamic organization that develops the team, the clients and drives an exceptional client experience.
- Achieve commercial target and growth within the framework of Client centricity, people centricity and brand desirability.
- Work closely with Zone leadership team to promote the company’s vision and align with the market.
- Analyze and assess the changing client demographics and desires in order to identify future growth opportunities throughout the local markets including both local and tourism markets.
- Bring a truly innovative approach to the current business strategy in order to develop our client base and elevate our brand desirability.
- Achieve sales growth and commercial targets, and drive client development
- Drive business through key product pillars
- Demonstrate sales leadership by playing an active role with the teams and managing top client relationships.
- Ensure Tiffany client experience expectations are being delivered at all times.
- Take action on NPS and client feedback to improve client experience.
- Ensure exceptional operational support to drive sales and service.
- Ensure efficient back of house and consistency with established operational procedures. Identify and execute efficiencies and best practices.
- Ensure compliance with all internal control procedures.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the store, regional and Zone teams, and key clients through strong interpersonal skills and a hands-on, market-oriented approach.
- Elevate, attract and hire top diverse talent to ensure a winning team and create a best in class selling & service organization.
- Continuously train, coach, develop and provide qualitative feedback, to store directors and functional team, utilizing reward and recognition as well as performance management process to improve team engagement and performance.
Required and Preferred Qualifications
- Executive with more than 10 years luxury/consumer goods business management experience.
- Recent business unit or general management experience
- Knowledge and experience of luxury/consumer goods including jewelry, apparel, accessories or cosmetics
- Strong business and financial acumen
- A belief in and an understanding of luxury branded products
- Previous successful experience working within a subsidiary
- A demonstrated track record of success in leading and inspiring retail teams to maximize sales, operating efficiencies, and bottom-line profit
- Strong leader with the ability to assess, attract and develop top diverse talent
- Strong conceptual thinker with a pragmatic approach to driving day-to-day operations
- A strong problem solver with an ability to make decisions or drive decision-making
- Client-centric with an ability to drive a unique and consistent client luxury shopping experience in all stores
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Proven ability to develop new client opportunities and maintain client relationships while ensuring brand recognition and penetration in market
- A college/university degree.
The hiring range for this position ranges from $240,000-$325,000. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates’ relevant skills and experience.